Friday, October 10, 2008

Anna's First Haircut

As you can see from the first picture little Anna was in need of her first real haircut. It has been growing really fast lately, but also getting a little "scraggly". So, off we went. We went to a fun kid's place called "Snip it's". She got to eat animal crackers and a lollipop and watch a fun movie while getting her hair done, and then afterwards they sprinkled purple "fairy dust in her hair". She loved sticking the card in the machine at the end and claiming her prize.  I think she had a good first experience. Kate went with us and was such a good big sister. She knew Anna might be nervous so she was a great encourager, saying "good job Anna, you're such a big girl" "I'm sooo proud of you!" and "your hair is looking so beautiful!" (maybe a little over-kill : ) but none the less she really showed she cared! Kate was even very careful not to use the word "cut" but kept saying "getting your hair fixed" liked we talked about! It's fun to watch these sisters share life together. I hope they always encourage one another like that.

Before the hair cut
She sat so still while the lady cut her hair
Almost done.....
After! (she is saying cheese!!!! while I take the picture) Stylin.....

2 comments:

Jill said...

She looks so much like you Beth!

Jeff and Amy Bryant said...

She is soooo sweet. I'm still cracking up at her comment about Kate playing with Jeff- "Mommy... Kate likes boys!" And, by the way, you've been tagged. Check out my blog for details!