I am finally getting around to posting about our family vacation. We went to South Haven Michigan the week after Labor Day. (I know, I know...It is almost December!) But, it is kind of nice to reminisce about the warmth and sunshine when I am looking out my window at snow flurries! We had a GREAT vacation. We chose South Haven because we wanted to go to a "beach like" place but not drive all the way to the ocean. Looking at all the little beach towns in Michigan, South Haven seemed like a quaint little town with great atmosphere, that was small enough to walk everywhere, but still with a lot of fun outdoor activities for our family. We chose well. We really loved South Haven. It was just what we were looking for. We had a cozy little cottage two blocks from the beach, two blocks from a great park, and two blocks from a great little boardwalk by a pier that had all kinds of neat places to eat and shop. It wasn't crowded at all and we enjoyed a leisurely week with no schedules to keep, but just enjoying being in the fresh air together and playing together as a family. We made lots of great memories and could see ourselves coming back here year after year.
Our first walk down to the beach... Kate is in heaven!
No comments:
Post a Comment