Sunday, October 3, 2010

The blink of an eye

October! Is it really October? Where oh where did August and September go? The blink of an eye, and they are gone. Did we really even have those months this year? I know we did, but only because I can account for so many things that happened in those two months, and tell you so many ways in which three little people have blossomed in their own little ways; like Caleb turning into a one year old little boy that now knows how to walk and climb and explore, and who is beginning to have his own opinions, and Kate losing not one, but 3 teeth, and going to Kindergarten for the first time, and playing on a soccer team, and hiking all the way to Abhrams Falls and back without complaining, and Anna starting her very own dance class (the first thing she has done that is just for her without her big sister), and starting to learn to sound out words, and beginning to stand up to Kate and be a little bossy which is really funny. They are all changing so fast. That is the great thing about those amazing people who are able to blog every day. They have a daily journal to reflect on during a slower time and savor some of those sweet moments that feel like you are literally trying to hold running water in your hands. So, here I am two months since my last post, and I have the dilemma of, "Do I dare to try and find the time for several posts and catch up on what has happened in the past two months or do I just jump in and start with today, with hopes that I won't get so behind again..?"
And, for this stage of life that we are in right now, with three little people demanding every second of time and energy that we have in our bodies until they finally fall asleep at night and leave us so tired that often all we can do is collapse on the couch, and say "I'll get to that tomorrow" :) I think I better just start with today!

No comments: