Sunday, October 3, 2010

The perfect Fall day

Oh, Fall! We were all so ready for you to get here. The summer days have been so unbearably hot and muggy and we could not wait to feel the cool, crisp air and feel the crunchy leaves under our feet. Today was the first day of October and ironically it was the first day that really felt like true Fall. We picked Kate up from school and headed straight to the park for a picnic and some refreshing time in this new wonderful weather. It couldn't have been more perfect. I can not tell you how fun it was to watch this little boy romp around and explore. After having only girls, it is fun to watch this little boy play. It really is different! He loves to get in the dirt, and find sticks and rocks and bugs, and climb on anything he can hike his little leg up on! He is turning into such an independent little guy too and wants to be free to roam and this was such the perfect place to let him do that. The park had these small rock sculptures that were just the right size for him to climb, and climb he did! You could tell that he felt like such a "big boy". He would climb up on a rock and squeal and laugh with delight and then show major signs of protest if you tried to offer assistance! I have to admit that I had so much fun following him around and savoring his pure delight in the outdoors that I didn't get any pictures of the girls today! But, I can tell you they had so much fun running around freely pretending they were fairies in the forest!










No comments: