Saturday, September 20, 2008

Girls day out

Jeremy had to go to Knoxville for a few days so it was just me and the girlies. I gave them their choice of a few fun things we could do, and it was unanimous, THE ZOO! Needless to say, we had fun. The weather was perfect and all of the animals were out and about. The favorites of the day were the elephants and the prairie dogs. I broke down and bought them both a baby elephant because they were so darn cute (the girls were pretty cute too!) They carried their baby elephants around very proudly all day and introduced them to all of the other animals at the zoo...We got to the elephant exhibit just in time to see one taking an afternoon bath. The girls loved that. At the prairie dog exhibit, Anna was a little confused about their name, thinking they were just like dogs because she kept barking at them trying to get them to bark back. They just gave her blank stares. When we got to the reptile exhibit I told the girls, "Daddy is scared of snakes" and Anna said "I not scared of snakes mommy" as she ran up to the snake statue hugging it bravely. (easy to brave when its only a statue!)

The girls and their baby elephants
Never too big for a bath!
Kate couldn't resist climbing on top of the statues
Showing daddy that she's not scared of snakes!
The prairie dogs that don't bark!

No comments: