Today was odd. The calendar said April 18th, but it felt more like a day in June! Our friends the Booth's decided to have their swimming pool heated this season so they can get a lot more use out of it throughout the year, and invited us over to help break it in. Do I even need to say that the kids had a BLAST! It was heated just right and felt like we were in a gigantic warm bath. The kids have grown so much since the end of last summer too. Kate was swimming all over the place, Anna was venturing out a little further....and Caleb, well...lets just say he wore me out! He LOVED the water, but was way too confident for his own good. He kept trying to push my hands off of his waist because basically he wanted to swim on his own. After about 15 minutes of fighting with him to let me hold him, I finally just let him do it once so he would see why I was resisting his pushes. Well, he went under but was not deterred in the least. He kept right on pushing...he wanted to be free in that water! So, right before I was uploading these pictures, guess what I was doing? I was on Amazon ordering this kid something called a "puddle jumper". Its a nifty little vest for little ones that keeps them afloat and give them the freedom to swim by themselves. They are much better than regular old arm floaties that always bobbed my kids forward face first into the pool. Puddle jumpers actually keep them upright. I cannot wait to let him try it. I am quite sure he will be all over the pool, if today was any indication. Heck, he may be swimming before Anna! I ordered Anna one too though, because she is still so insecure in the water, unlike her two siblings... I think it will give her some more confidence, and me some more freedom this summer!
Kate pulling "Penny" around in the water.

This is Caleb the first five minutes we were at the pool when he was actually content to be in a float. That didnt last long, once he saw everyone else swimming around!


Anna loves the "noodles"

Kate jumping of course.



Calebs new facial expression that cracks us up. Its his "stubborn" look...and he makes it all the time now. Hope thats not a sign of things to come!
No comments:
Post a Comment