Saturday, May 24, 2008

"I smell Bison Poop!"

Today we all went to Lone Elk State Park. This is a really cool place to drive through where Bison, Elk, Deer, and Wild Turkey are out in the wild and you might get to see them up close if you're lucky.  As we were driving through the park we were telling the girls to look for Bison and they were getting excited about seeing them. We had the windows down and just enjoying the pretty drive and the fresh air, when Kate started saying "I smell Bison poop!" Jeremy and I always laugh at Kate and call her out little blood hound because she has such a strong sense of smell anyways. She is always sensitive to bad smells and is always smelling things before us. We couldn't help but laugh when she said this because it sounded so funny coming from her and so Kate. Well, maybe she really did because right around the corner we drove through a whole herd of Bison! They were 5 feet from our car.  It was really cool to see such big animals out in the wild so close.  I am just glad we were in our car!
We were able to capture our little blood hound's warning about the upcoming Bison herd on video!! Watch below




No comments: